NUKE PIPELINE TD
Barnstorm VFX is seeking a Nuke Pipeline TD. Barnstorm VFX is a boutique visual effects studio located in Burbank, CA. Our team of talented artists provides award nominated photo-realistic visual effects for a variety of television and online streaming projects. We pride ourselves in our artists’ talent and dedication to producing world-class visual effects.
We invite you to view our reel for the V.E.S nominated visual effects work for season 2 of The Man In The High Castle: https://barnstormvfx.wistia.com/medias/u6ncrwhp6s Our Website: www.barnstormvfx.com
Follow Us on Twitter: @Barnstorm_VFX Job Description
• Works with supervisors and peers to build and support the compositing tools, techniques and procedures to support current projects and advance the capabilities of the facility.
• The role requires strong technical and communication skills, as well as a firm understanding of compositing, color theory, software design, graphics, and production work flow
• Design, create and maintain tools using a combination of custom libraries and Nuke’s Python API.
• Work with artists to troubleshoot and fix problems arising in the Technical Director’s area(s) of expertise
• Design and create tools using a combination of custom libraries and Nuke's Python API
• Integrate new tools into Method's existing pipeline, using a combination of Python, C++, and the aforementioned APIs Qualifications
• Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 3 years visual effects production experience required
• Proficiency with Nuke
• Proficiency with Shotgun
• Proficiency with Python and PyQt
• Proficiency with Nuke’s Python interface, Nuke SDK experience a plus Proficiency with C++ is a plus Experience with pipeline integration, rendering, asset systems and databases